answers to legal questions

for the public public    for attorneys attorneys   bookmark lawfiles  rss for free legal advice
Submit your legal question to attorneys.
Legal questions, articles, and news.
Attorneys by:
   advanced search lawyers, we need your help.    
Home > Legal Questions > Legal Categories > Criminal Law > Question

Legal Question and Answer

Legal Category: Criminal Law      Location: Michigan
Posted: 06/04/2012      Approved: 06/04/2012
Number of Replies: 1     Email Copy To: email financial advice


My ex-husband accessed my e-trade IRA account, changed the contact information to his address and phone number. He then closed the account having my funds forwarded to his home. He forged my signature and co-signed the check, depositing the funds into his business checking account. This occurred in June of 2010. I became aware of this in May of 2012 when I attempted to update information on the account due to my changing addresses. I have filed a police report as well as a fraud statement with the bank. The bank is telling me that they have no responsibility in this matter due to the fact that the check was processed through a deposit and not directly deposited and that there has been too much time lapsed since the check was deposited. I discovered this incident on May 24, 2012 and made and fraud statement to the bank on June 4, 2012. Does the bank hold any responsibility to compensate me for the funds?

Answers: (click on an answer to view the answer)

Posted Subject Submitted By

2012-06-04The bank may. There are actually quite a few rules here. The terms for the acco... [read the rest]... James Smith


Help us Keep Going
 About    Free Legal Advice    Legal Terms    Bookstore    Partners      Sitemap    Contact Us    Disclaimer    Terms of Use
 For Attorneys    Attorney Join    Attorney Login
 For Advertisers and Media    Advertise    Logos
  KDM Properties, LLC © All Rights Reserved